Nowadays, there are so many products of firewire laptop card in the market and you are wondering to choose a best one.You have searched for firewire laptop card in many merchants, compared about products prices & reviews before deciding to buy them.
You are in RIGHT PLACE.
Here are some of best sellings firewire laptop card which we would like to recommend with high customer review ratings to guide you on quality & popularity of each items.
616 reviews analysed
1. StarTech.com 2 Port ExpressCard 1394b FireWire Laptop Adapter Card – Texas Instruments FireWire Card – ExpressCard FireWire 800 (EC1394B2)
- Add 2 FireWire800 ports to a laptop through an ExpressCard slot
- Provides a cost-effective way to add IEEE 1394A and IEEE 1394B FireWire devices
- Connect a broad range of FireWire devices to your laptop
- Free Lifetime Technical Support
- Hot swap capabilities allow you to connect or disconnect devices without turning off the host computer
This 2 Port ExpressCard FireWire Adapter Card adds two 1394b FireWire ports to a laptop computer, providing a cost-effective way to add IEEE 1394A and IEEE 1394B FireWire devices even if the laptop doesn’t have a built-in FireWire 400 or FireWire 800 port.
Simply insert the IEEE 1394B FireWire 800 card (EC1394B2) into an ExpressCard slot, and you’ll be able to connect a broad range of FireWire devices to your laptop, while relying on data transfer speeds of up to 800Mbps.
Plus, the card is backward compatible with 1394a devices, so you can connect both FireWire 400 and 800 devices to the notebook, using the same adapter.
2. StarTech.com 4 port PCI 1394a FireWire Adapter Card – 3 External 1 Internal FireWire PCI Card for Laptops (PCI1394MP)
This 4 Port (3 External/1 Internal) PCI 1394 FireWire Adapter Card lets you connect iPods, MP3 players, portable drives, digital camcorders and more to your desktop computer. The FireWire adapter card supports hot-swapping, so you’ll be able to plug, unplug, and swap your FireWire peripherals with ease. Guaranteed to work with both PCs and Macs, the 4 port PCI FireWire Adapter Card is backed by StarTech.com’s Lifetime Warranty and FREE LIFETIME tech support. Plus, the adapter provides both standard profile and low profile/half-height brackets for adapting to slimline or small form factor system applications. Please Note: If you require digital video editing software, StarTech.com offers a complete FireWire kit with our PCI1394_4 card. This software is compatible with Windows operating systems only. WHQL Certified – Designed to work with Microsoft Windows XP
From the Manufacturer
Looking for a no-nonsense FireWire card? No need for all the bells and whistles? Look no further, StarTech.com’s PCI1394MP is a bread and butter FireWire card that allows you to connect iPods, MP3 players, portable drives, digital camcorders and more to your desktop computer. It also supports hot-swapping, so you’ll be able to plug, unplug, and swap your FireWire peripherals with ease.
Guaranteed to work with both PCs and Macs, the PCI1394MP is backed by StarTech.com’s lifetime warranty and free lifetime tech support.
3. Vantec 2+1 FireWire 800/400 PCIe Combo Host Card (UGT-FW210)
- Works With Various Types Of FireWire 800 & FireWire 400 Devices Including External Hard Drives, DV Camcorder, Digital Camera, CD-RW/DVD-ROM Drive And Other Audio/Video Devices
- Provides Two FireWire 800 (1394b) Ports And One FireWire 400 (1394a) 6-Pin Port
- Enjoy Data Transfer Rates Of 100, 200, 400 and 800 Mbps
- Built-In 4-Pin Power Connector (Adapter May Be Required)
- Supports Hot-Swapping & Plug And Play
The Vantec 2+1 FireWire 800/400 PCIe Combo Host Card is the easiest way to update any computer with FireWire ports. Once installed, this host card will add two FireWire 800 ports and one FireWire 400 port (6-pin) allowing support of various types of FireWire products such as external hard drives, DV camcorder, digital cameras and much more. Plug and play, no drivers are required. Make the right choice and update your computer with the new Vantec 2+1 FireWire 800/400 PCIe Combo Host Card.
4. StarTech.com 3 Port 2b 1a Low Profile 1394 PCI Express FireWire Card Adapter – PCI Express 1394a – PCIe FireWire 400 Card (PEX1394B3LP)
- Add 2 native FireWire 800 ports to your low profile/small form factor computer through a PCI Express expansion slot C 3 Port PCI Express FireWire Card C PCIe FireWire Adapter Card
- Includes full/standard profile installation bracket
- 2x FireWire 800 and 1x FireWire 400
- Native PCI Express chipset design rather than a bridge chip, ensures a fast, reliable and cost-effective FireWire expansion
- One 6-pin FireWire 400 port, each with transfer rates up to 400Mbps
This 3 Port PCI Express FireWire card comes equipped with a low profile bracket for installation in small form factor PCs, and includes an optional full-size bracket for installation in a standard-sized PC case. The FireWire card can be installed in a PCIe slot to add two IEEE1394b (FireWire 800 – 9 pin) ports and one IEEE1394a (FireWire 400 – 6 pin) port, providing broad compatibility with a wide range of FireWire devices (e.g. DV camcorders, external hard drives, digital cameras, etc.). The 2x FireWire 800 and 1x FireWire 400 card features a native (single chip) PCI Express chipset, which provides faster, more reliable and cost-effective performance than expansion cards that utilize a “bridge” chip.
5. StarTech.com 2 Port ExpressCard 1394b FireWire Laptop Adapter Card
Shipping Depth: 5.6 Shipping Height: 2.6 Shipping Width: 8.7 Master Pack Qty: 40 General Information Manufacturer: StarTech.com Manufacturer Part Number: EC1394B2 Brand Name: StarTech.com Product Name: 2 Port ExpressCard FireWire Adapter Card Marketing Information: This 2 Port ExpressCard FireWire Adapter Card adds two 1394b FireWire ports to a laptop computer, providing a cost-effective way to add IEEE 1394A and IEEE 1394B FireWire devices even if the laptop doesn’t have a built-in FireWire 400 or FireWire 800 port. Simply insert the IEEE 1394B FireWire 800 card (EC1394B2) into an ExpressCard slot, and you’ll be able to connect a broad range of FireWire devices to your laptop, while relying on data transfer speeds of up to 800Mbps. Plus, the card is backward compatible with 1394a devices, so you can connect both FireWire 400 and 800 devices to the notebook, using the same adapter. Product Type: FireWire Adapter Technical Information Host Interface: ExpressCard Data Transfer Rate: Up to 800 Mbps Interfaces/Ports Ports: 2 x 9-pin Female IEEE 1394b – FireWire Physical Characteristics Width: 1.3 Depth: 4.7 Thickness: 0.8 Form Factor: Plug-in Card Weight (Approximate): 1.06 oz Warranty Standard Warranty: 2 Year
6. StarTech.com Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter – Thunderbolt 3 Laptop to Thunderbolt 1 or 2 Peripheral Converter – Black (TBT3TBTADAP)
- COST-EFFECTIVE SOLUTION: This Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt adapter is perfect for connecting older TB2 (20Gbps) and TB1 (10gbps) peripherals to newer TB3 laptops or computers at a lower cost purchasing new equipment
- INCREASES EFFICIENCY: The Thunderbolt certified adapter satisfies all requirements for bi-directional data transfers (non-video) and simultaneous power for bus-powered devices.
- SLIM AND PORTABLE: With its slim profile and light weight, you will not even notice the Thunderbolt 3 adapter in your laptop bag until you need it
- THUNDERBOLT TECHNOLOGY: The Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt adapter will not work with USB-C laptops that do not have Thunderbolt 3 enabled ports (look for the Thunderbolt sign on your port)
- THE STARTECH.COM ADVANTAGE: StarTech.com offers a 2-year warranty and free lifetime technical support on this Thunderbolt 3 adapter and has been the IT pro’s choice since 1985
- Note: Any host system that doesn’t provide the full 15W of bus power won’t work with this device. Consult the manufacturer of your host system to determine how much bus power your host system provides.
This Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt adapter is a cost-effective solution for connecting older Thunderbolt peripherals such as external hard drives, Thunderbolt 2 displays to newer Thunderbolt 3 host devices (laptops or computers). You can connect to first-generation Thunderbolt devices at 10Gbps speed. With Thunderbolt 2 devices, you can connect at 20Gbps. The Thunderbolt certified adapter satisfies all requirements for bi-directional data transfers and simultaneous power for bus-powered devices. The Thunderbolt 3 adapter will not work with non-Thunderbolt 3 USB-C laptops and only works with Thunderbolt 3 enabled ports (look for the Thunderbolt sign on your port).
7. CY USB 3.0 2.0 to HDMI VGA HDTV Adapter Cable External Graphics Card for Windows Laptop
- Note:The adapter only can support OS/MacBook 10.11,10.12,10.13.1-3,10.13.2 and 10.13.4-10.13.6.If you want to use it with the other OS,please confirm it with us.
- USB3.0 to HDMI and VGA allows you to connect from your USB3.0 Windows Computers or Graphic Card to your external Displays with HDMI and VGA Female Port(Including HDTV,Projectors,Monitors) by a HDMI or VGA cable.
- HDMI and VGA Can be connected at the same time,but these two monitors can only display same view.
- HDMI/VGA Female Port,providing a HD Resolution of 1920×1080(If you connect USB2.0 to your Output Computers,then only 800*600 resolution can be supported)
- Our USB 3.0 to HDMI adaptor need to install the driver,it will promote a driver automatically when connected, then you only take a few seconds to follow the step and install, Do not need repeated installation, simply to use.(steps:after plugging it into your computer, you will see there is a new USB device folder on your computer, then open it and double click to install the driver).
CY USB 3.0 & 2.0 to HDMI & VGA HDTV Adapter Cable External Graphics Card for Windows MacBook Laptop …
8. ELIATER PCIe Firewire Card for Windows 10, IEEE 1394 PCI Express Controller 4 Ports(3 x 6 Pin and 1 x 4 Pin), 1394a Firewire 800 Adapter for Windows 7/8/Mac OS with Low Profile Bracket and Cable
- PCIe IEEE 1394 firewire adapter is backward compatible with devices in 400/200/100Mbps transmission speed. Provide with a low profile bracket and a firewire cable, your best choice of firewire card for PC.
- Works with Various Types of FireWire 800 (1394b) and 1394a Devices Including Portable Hard Disk, DV Camcorder, Digital Camera, CD-RW/DVD-ROM Drive and Other Audio/Video Devices.
- VIA chip, compliant with PCI Express Base Specification 1.0a and compliant with IEEE 1394-1995, 1394a-2000 and OHCI 1.1 Standards.
- Plug and play. It support Windows 98se/me/2000/XP/server 2003/Vista/7 32 bit /64 bit /win8/win10/Mac OS.
- No drive required, 1394 devices are built into Windows 98 2nd and above (included) operating systems, It does not need to download driver separately.
* Support Provisions of IEEE P1394b Revision 1.33+.
* Compliant with PCI-Express Revision 1.0a.
* Compliant with IEEE 1394 OpenHCI Specifications V1.0 and V1.1.
* Compliant with IEEE 1394-1995 for a High Performance Serial Bus. * Compliant with IEEE 1394a-2000 Standard.
* Fully Backward Compatible to 1394a Specification.
* No Driver required for windows (plug-and-play).
* Lane (x1) PCI-Express with transfer rate 2.5Gb/s full duplex channel.
* Ports: 3x 1394a (6-pin), 1x 1394a (4-pin),
* Compatibility: Windows XP/Vista/7 (32/64 bit)
* Supports Data Transfer Rates: 100Mbps/200Mbps/400Mbs
1 x Controller Card
1 x Firewire Cable
(No CD driver)
Don’t Support hot-plugging. Before installation, Turn off the power and then plug in the power cord.
Drivers for 1394 devices are built into Windows 98 2nd and above (included) operating systems, It does not need to download driver separately.
9. Dynex IEEE 1394 Firewire Notebook Card – 32bit Card Bus Adapter
Adds 2 external IEEE 1394 (FireWire) ports to a notebook computer 400 Mbps maximum data transfer rate Connects drives, digital cameras, printers and other peripherals Vista Compatible
By our suggestions above, we hope that you can found Firewire Laptop Card for you.Please don’t forget to share your experience by comment in this post. Thank you!